Fonolo is best known for inventing “Deep Dialing” which eliminates the frustrations of navigating phone menus. This year, we added “Hold for Me” which eliminates the frustration of waiting on hold. The two features complement each other beautifully.
With Hold for Me, hold-time is replaced with a call-back when the next agent is available. The general industry term for this concept is “virtual queuing” and it has been greatly desired by both consumers and companies for decades. Although other companies have virtual queuing solutions, Fonolo’s approach is unique and disruptive because it does not require any equipment to be added to the call center itself.
If you’d like to learn more I wrote a series of blog posts on the topic:
- When will we stop waiting on hold?
- Is the secret to virtual queuing in the cloud?
- Hold-for-me, Fonolo’s take on virtual queuing, is live right now!
- Virtual Hold points to privacy issues with Lucyphone
- Virtual Hold points out Lucyphone’s impact on call center operations
- Virtual queuing and telecom costs