Web 2.0 may have given consumers more control, but Forester states that it’s “the access and convenience of mobile apps and devices that shifts more power from institutions to individuals than did the PC or the Web.” Ultimately, the impact of the digital age has affected the influence of consumer power and will continue to ripple through in the future.
A whopping 91% of smartphone users keep their devices within arm’s reach, 24/7, so it’s no surprise that more consumers are exploring the capabilities with mobile apps. However, it’s not just about having an app available, but ensuring it’s created with the customer in mind.
Consumers prefer apps for many different reasons. Based on a Nuance report, their motives are as follows:
- 45% say it’s more convenient
- 40% say it’s always available
- 25% say I don’t want to wait on hold to get help
- 20% say it’s more personal
- 16% say I prefer not to talk to a person for some issues
The ability to please your consumer is even more prevalent for a service facing organization. Here are some facts your contact center should consider before offering a mobile experience to customers.
- 72% would replace traditional channels with mobile apps if the same customer service features were available. Source: Clickfox
- 84% of consumers generally prefer to use a company’s mobile app for routine inquiries (checking balance, check flight status, etc.) rather than calling the company on the phone. Source: Nuance
- There are now more than 400 million accounts in the App Store. Source: Mashable
- 64% of mobile phone time is spent using apps. Source: Digital Consumer
- 72% of consumers have a more positive view of a company if they have a customer service app. Source: Nuance
- Mobile spend will reach $1.3 trillion as the mobile apps market reaches $55 billion in 2016. Source: Forrester
Mobile Statistics shows the number of apps downloaded and their consistent growth – we can only expect these numbers to climb. Smartphones have become a valuable asset in capitalizing on customer service. The question is, “what does your mobile customer have to say?”
Trend Alert! Contact Center Industry Predictions for 2023
This report offers perspective on where the contact center industry stands today, plus our trend predictions for 2023.