You simply can’t overstate the importance of customer service on a company’s bottom line. When every interaction is amplified via social media, delivering a superior customer experience matters every time.
Here are 5 of my favorite customer service quotes.
1. “If we are not customer driven, our cars won’t be either.”
– Donald Peterson, former CEO, Ford Motor Company
In other words, if you don’t put your customers first, don’t expect to be rewarded with their business!
2. “If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.”
– Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO, Amazon
When you meet your customers’ expectations, you have the opportunity to turn customers into evangelists for your brand, and nothing beats that.
3. “What gets measured, gets done. And what gets recognized gets done again, and even better.”
– Robert Crawford, Director, Institute of Customer Service
It’s not enough to simply want to provide a superior customer experience. To truly make it part of the corporate culture, you have to measure, improve and incent employees at all levels of your organization.
4. “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
– Bill Gates, Founder, Microsoft
You’re not going to hit a home run every time: As with most things in life, we learn best from our mistakes. So do just that; ask your customers what you’re doing wrong and there’s nowhere to go but up.
5. “A satisfied customer — we should have him stuffed!”
– Basil Fawlty, Main Character on British Sitcom Falwty Towers
John Cleese hit the nail on the head with this one. Hold on to your satisfied customers as hard as you can. Better yet, turn them into satisfied customers by meeting – and exceeding – their expectations!
Free Whitepaper: Top 12 Contact Center Trends for 2014
These 12 key trends can help reshape your call center strategy.
You will learn:
- The Cloud and the Winds of Change
- The Value of Metrics
- A Knowledge Base is Crucial to Online Services
- Mobility is Climbing to Higher Peaks
- Big Data is Getting Bigger
- And 7 more important trends