In light of today’s webinar on the top 4 contact center trends for 2015, I wanted to highlight 10 of the most important call center statistics for this year.
I hope you can put them to good use, and better yet, can join us on today’s informative webinar!
1. By the end of 2015, more than 40% of the top companies will be using gamification to transform their business operations. (Source: Gartner)
2. Business spending on mobile projects will grow 100% by 2015. (Source: Forrester)
3. 44% of consumers with texting capabilities would prefer to press a button to initiate a text conversation immediately, rather than waiting on hold to speak with an agent. (Source: The Harris Poll)
4. 64% of consumers would prefer to use texting over voice as a customer service channel. (Source: The Harris Poll)
5. 86% of today’s call centers are multi-channel, and 74% of customers are using three or more channels for customer service related issues. (Source: ICMI Research)
6. 45% of consumers will abandon an online transaction (and switch to voice) if their questions or concerns are not addressed quickly. (Source: ICMI Research)
7. 81% of all consumers agree that it’s frustrating to be tied to a phone, waiting for customer service help. (Source: The Harris Poll)
8. In 2013, 62% of organizations were already using cloud-based contact center solutions and this number is expected to grow by 25% in 2015. (Source: DMG Consulting)
9. 39% of contact centers are either planning to implement or upgrade their chat features in the next 12 months. (Source: ContactBabel)
10. US consumers alone will own 257 million smartphones and 126 million tablets by 2016. (Source: Forrester)
Learn more about what you can expect in the year ahead by attending today’s webinar on the top 4 contact center trends for 2015.
Trend Alert! Contact Center Industry Predictions for 2023
This report offers perspective on where the contact center industry stands today, plus our trend predictions for 2023.