It doesn’t matter what kind of business you’re in – improving the experience for your customers is the key to increasing sales, reducing employee churn, and increasing customer loyalty.
Interested in learning more about the customer experience? Keep these 10 statistics in mind as you continue to improve your business operations for the coming year.
1) 90% of consumers said they have had poor experiences seeking customer support on mobile. (Software Advice)
2) By 2020, customer experience will overtake price and product as the key brand differentiator. (Walker Info)
3) 77% of those ages 18 to 24 use mobile devices at least once per month for customer support. (Software Advice)
4) By 2017, 50% of product investment projects will be redirected to customer experience innovations. (Gartner)
5) 81% of customers prefer the phone channel. (Parature)
6) Loyal customers are 5x as likely to repurchase, 5x as likely to forgive, 7x as likely to try a new offering, and 4x as likely to refer. (Temkin Group)
7) By 2020, the customer will manage 85% of the relationship with an enterprise without interacting with a human. (Gartner)
8) By 2016, mobile search will generate 27.8 billion more queries than desktop search. (ComScore)
9) 89% of marketing leaders expect to compete primarily on the basis of customer experience by 2016, as compared with 36% four years ago. (Gartner)
10) 61% of customers prefer the option of call-back over waiting on hold. (Software Advice)
For tips on how to usefully apply these statistics to your customer experience strategy, download our whitepaper on the Top 10 Customer Experience Trends for 2016.
Free Whitepaper: Top 10 Customer Experience Trends for 2016
Here are 10 trends that will dominate 2016.
- The omni-channel customer
- Investing in the customer experience
- Self service tools will be a must-have
- The mobile-first customer experience
- And 6 more important trends