It’s that time of year again! No, we’re not talking about building a gingerbread house or going on shopping marathons – it’s time to plan your contact center strategy for next year. Savvy companies are developing ways to help grow and improve their business. Having a plan in place is the key to goal setting, implementing the most appropriate action items, and measuring performance. One area you’re likely dissecting is the customer experience. Is it up to par with customer expectations? Are they actually happy with your service? After all, a strong CX strategy can help you retain more customers, and stop them from deflecting to competitors!
Keep these 10 customer experience statistics in mind as you tackle this area of your planning.
1) McKinsey reports that maximizing satisfaction with customer journeys has the potential to not only increase customer satisfaction by 20%, but also to lift revenue by up to 15%.
2) 85% of customer churn is due to poor service.
3) eConsultancy found that consumers prefer assistance over the following channels: Phone (61%), email (60%), live chat (57%), online knowledge base (51%), “click-to-call” support automation (34%).
4) 57% of customers end up switching from web to phone for support.
5) 73% of companies with the most positive CX impact understand the link between customer experience and business results.
6) 62% of companies view customer experience delivered by the contact center as a competitive differentiator.
7) More than 50% of organizations will redirect their investments to customer experience innovations by 2018.
8) Aberdeen Group Inc. claims that companies with the strongest omni-channel customer engagement strategies retain an average of 89% of their customers, as compared to 33% for companies with weak omni-channel strategies
9) 87% of customers think brands need to put more effort into providing a consistent experience.
10) 89% of customers get frustrated because they need to repeat their issues to multiple representatives.
Contact center managers have been following the increasing importance of the customer experience for years now, but it seems like only yesterday that every business claimed the key to winning customers was in the quality of their product / service. If this sounds like you, give your head a shake! 2017 is your chance to step in the right direction. For more tips on the customer experience read our FREE eBook below.
Wishing you Happy Holidays and a New Year filled with prosperity and success! See you in 2017 🙂
Several trends are poised to make a significant impact on contact centers in 2020. This white paper explores key areas that are sure to shake up the industry.
- Preparing for the second text-revolution
- Making your contact center omnichannel ready
- Moving your call center to the cloud
- AI trends for the coming year
- Plus so much more