Customers today don’t want to waste time and energy calling, chatting or emailing with customer service when their answers can just as easily be found using self-service. Self-service is a win-win strategy for any service organization. It allows companies to provide online support with no agent interaction, and lets customers feel empowered to find answers in their own time.
Providing self-service options to your customers is critical for delivering a top-notch customer service experience. These stats prove why self-service will be even more important in 2017.
1. By 2020 self-service tools will be tailored to help customers solve problems by themselves. Solutions such as live chat, social media support, and online communities will provide a more consistent and personalized customer experience.
2. 90% of consumers now expect a brand or organization to offer a self-service customer support portal.
3. Gartner reports that improving the self-service experience of consumers is among the top 3 priorities for companies that aim to improve customer experience and service.
4. 60% of consumers view a brand with a mobile-responsive self-service option more favorably than one that doesn’t.
5. Gartner predicts that by 2020 a customer will manage 85% of the relationship with an enterprise without interacting with a human.
What’s your take on self-service? Does it get you the answers you need, or do you end up annoyed? Let us know in the comments, and don’t forget to watch out for our 2017 CX trends whitepaper publishing next month.