Fonolo’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Program ensures resiliency, recoverability, and contingency from significant business disruptions, such as local or regional events like natural disaster, fire, power outage, acts of malice, and technical or infrastructure disruption.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery focuses on ensuring Fonolo’s critical business functions and technologies will continue to operate despite a significant disruption that might other have otherwise caused an interruption, or will be recovered to an operational state within a reasonably short period of time.
Resilience and Risk Mitigation
Business resilience is the ability an organization has to quickly adapt to disruptions while maintaining continuous business operations and safeguarding people, assets, and overall brand equity. One of the most important factors in maintaining business resilience is a proactive, comprehensive, and methodical approach to risk (both internal and external to our customers).
- We have developed a risk framework and strategy which accounts for the evaluation of our facilities, technology, data, processes, and overall organization, to ensure our risk mitigation strategy operates at multiple levels with broad coverage.
- On at least an annual basis, we conduct risk assessments and business impact analysis (BIA) to understand and mitigate risk.
Redundancy and Recoverability
Our server clustering and network redundancies eliminate single points of failure, ensuring high service availability.
- Fonolo uses a fully redundant, distributed, and automated environment consisting of geographically separate data centers.
- We maintain additional space and power to add capacity to our data centers should one data center become unrecoverable in a disaster.
- We use multiple internet service providers, connected through diverse paths entering the facilities at physically secure, separate locations. This redundant edge network design, delivers a robust network through a number of paths.
- Our database data is stored on multiple redundant database clusters, and backed up across multiple geographic locations.
- All of Fonolo’s hardware components and applications operate in a modular, autonomous fashion, ensuring, that any possible failure, will have minimal impact, and can be quickly and easily removed from service, and services re-balanced.
- Our strict backup regimen helps protect your data should we experience a major incident. Key source data for standard Fonolo accounts is backed up daily, which includes both local and off-site storage.